HOW TO INPROVE YOUR BRAIN IQ
IQ, which stands for Intelligence Quotient, is an important thing to have. It is a common misconception that one’s IQ directly determines that person’s intelligence. The IQ is a way of measuring one’s problem solving abilities, and favors those who are auditory and visual learners (over interpersonal, intrapersonal, kinesthetic, and olfactory). While IQ is generally thought to be innate, there are things you can do that may improve your IQ score.
- First and foremost watch and observe things carefully(with concentration).
- Exercise is the best scientifically proved way to enhance brain power.
- Open your mind for new ideas.
- Read! Reading enhances the mind’s ability to comprehend, as well as encouraging you to think critically. Reading a book that you have never read before broadens your horizons, thus increasing your IQ. Reading different genres is even more productive, as well as reading newspapers, current events magazines, and multi-content periodicals (such as the New Yorker). Make sure the book is in your reading level. You don’t want to read something that is too easy for you.
- Don’t give up. Ignore limiting stereotypes such as “An old dog cannot learn new tricks.” Imagine the success you will feel when you bump up ten points. Soon enough, that fantasy will become a reality.
- Try writing with your opposite hand. writing with your opposite hand can in fact lead to stimulation of the side of the brain that is opposite to that hand. So perhaps a southpaw could go rightly and think more logical, or a rightly could try going left handedto be more creative. Keep in mind this is only a theory.
- Write whenever possible. Send a note instead of an email, or write a draft of a paper (or an outline). It will increase visual and kinesthetic stimulation.
- Play video games. Games can be a great way to stimulate the brain. Try to play a game that is out of your usual range of choices. It will help you think differently. Especially look for games that provide you with problems to solve or force you to think quickly.
- Scientific studies have shown that playing the popular game Tetrisleads to more efficient brain activity; as players become more proficient at the game, their brains show a reduced consumption of glucose (the body’s main fuel). This intense scientific studystate that: Actually the conclusions of this study point out that glucose consumption is reduced when learning has taken place. This would be expected as when a person becomes more proficient in any activity, the effort required decreases.
- When playing first person shooter titles, try to get into the atmosphere, look at details, think every move as if it were real. This way you don’t mindlessly finish the game, and you stimulate the brain to think more than just using reflex
- Work on cryptology. This is when a message is written in codes and you try to figure it out. It’s challenging for some, but after a while may even become enjoyable. All logic puzzles are great.
10. Practice crossword and sudoku:These activities stimulate your mind and thought processes. People may not normally consider word searches thought-provoking, but if practiced in addition to other mind games, they could prove to be easy and stimulating.
11Do logic and lateral thinking puzzles. These help your brain think outside the box and solve problems in different ways.
12Take a weekly IQ test and record your results. If you would like to view your improvements, consider placing the results on a line graph using excel or another graph-compatible program. Bear in mind that many online IQ tests are not legitimate, and many ask for a mobile number at the end for the results. These are spam.
13 Listen to classical music. The mozart effect suggests that by listening to classical music, a short-term improvement is induced on the performance of certain tasks. Gradually, this may have a somewhat long-term effect.
14 Excel in school and have a better career. There is a huge amount of evidence substantiating the correlation between excellent grade and better intelligence. Good grades are the path to better careers and better ways of life. Scientific encephalo case studies show that the brains of sophisticated professionals are anatomically larger, healthier and having more prominent convolutions, whereas the labour workers have much thinner neocortex, implicating lower than average intelligence. This is because the labourers do not